Thursday

Wool


My earliest memories of wool was of those itchy, scratchy wool a-line skirts my mother would put on me in the winter.  She meant well but my skin was always so red and irritated by the end of the evening that it was quite some time before I tried the fabric again in my adult life!

I have found that there is such a thing as soft wool which does not irritate the skin!  It just takes time to choose superior fabric and fit!

Wool, of course, was first utilized to make clothing due to its warmth!  Therefore, it should be common knowledge that this is a winter fabric only!

If you are concerned that wool might irritate your skin, one of the easiest ways to incorporate this very warm fabric into your wardrobe is by using it as a cape or coat. 

In that way, it provides warmth while not coming into direct contact with your skin!  This selection is a particularly charming alternative to the ubiquitous coat!



An adorable addition to the cape is this cap, which comes in a variety of colors to accent your outfit!


While this look will not work for everyone, it is a great way to keep your head warm and pull off an adorable look with wool at the same time!



Aside from winter caps and capes, there are also a number of adorable styles!


Of course, there's also Cashmere!!!  Experiment and add this fabric to your closet soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment